Art in the Work Space
1. Art Boosts Productivity
2. Art Stimulates Creativity
3. Art Reduces Workplace Stress
4. Art Enhances Communication
5. Art (Or Lack Thereof) Speaks Volumes About Your Company
3. According to Forbes, 78% of respondents in a survey of over 800 employees working for 32 U.S companies claimed that art in the workplace helped reduce their stress.
4. Artworks at work: the impacts of workplace art, Christina Smiraglia; Journal of Workplace Learning ISSN: 1366-5626 Publication date: 8 July 2014
5. Forbes, The Motivational Benefits Of Art In The Workplace, July 21, 2014
To me is what having art in the workplace is really about. It's less about aesthetics and more about pride in one's environment. It shows management cares enough about the employee experience - and the customer experience - to have a thoughtfully maintained facility that people feel good about working in.
Victor is author of The Type B Manager: Leading Successfully in a Type A World (Prentice Hall Press).
Artice Source Elenor Togneri